Sunday, January 19 at UU

Dear Friends,

Our practice is about transformation, training our minds, about learning to be fully here, here and now, about smiling, relaxing into the depths of ourselves, about softening and coming alive. About relaxing our awareness so that we can awaken to the whole and allow the particulars of our experience to manifest in the great context of wholeness. I want to soften my mind and relax the tension in my body so that I have clarity and peace and can enjoy being the whole of myself, knowing that my real self is the whole cosmos and knowing thereby in my bones and in my whole body and mind that there truly is nowhere to go and nothing to do. I’m already here and the world is happening and I, as part of the world, as the world, am happening. How do we transform double grasping, grasping after a separate self and a world or separate selves? How do we allow ourselves to be the whole of ourselves in the present moment, as the presence of the world, as reality self-aware and unfolding? Larry Ward suggested a better question than who am I is what am I? What am I? What does it mean to be human? What is the human potential and what is my potential? I want to relax, rest in the fulness and the wholeness of the present moment. I want to go beyond fear and to rest in the depths and beauty of the great whole of existence. How do we transform ourselves into beings who are awake to the whole and the individual realities which constitute the whole? How do I know the ultimate dimension and the historical dimension? How do I transform my mind so that I know the meaning of Interbeing, my interbeing with all other individual beings and with the whole of being? Let’s ask ourselves and practice with these questions.

Keith
Universal Emptiness of the Heart
True Enlightenment Garden