Sunday, April 15 at UU

The Five Skandhas (also know as The Five Aggregates, which are form, feelings, perceptions, mental formations and consciousness) are the components that come together to make an individual. Everything that is thought of as “I” is a function of the Skandhas. The Buddha wove his explanation of the skandhas into many of his teachings. The are not you or I, they are temporary. 

Clinging to the idea this is you/I is an illusion. When we realize these are temporary we can begin to correct our thinking by questioning our perceptions, and then we are on our way to freedom and the path of enlightenment.
Perhaps we can begin to practice this week by questioning our perceptions and thinking, especially in situations that are stressful or when we are sure we are right; by asking ourselves; Am I sure? Is it true?
I look forward to our time together.
Smiling,
Tree

Dharma talks related to the Five Skandas

New Heart Sutra translation by Thich Nhat Hanh